Although this colour palette isn’t traditionally thought of as part of your cold winter wardrobe, why not brighten up those grey, rainy mornings in icy blues, cotton candy pinks, sherbet yellows and mint greens.
Boxy overcoats and just below the knee PVC skirts in blush pink are just two of the biggest pieces to hit the high street this season.
Taking inspiration from Burberry’s contrasting silhouettes and sheer fabrics, Miu Miu’s tailored outerwear and Peter Pilottos signature prints all in pastel hues, the high street is awash with affordable alternatives.
High Street stores accessory walls are filled with sugary shades of lavish fur, matching knitted hats and scarves and leather totes.
It’s the colour of the moment, for us here at Fashion North, but the question poised to us most often is, ‘How do I wear it without looking like an ice cream sundae?’
Fashion North is here to help you achieve pastel perfection without worrying about resembling the confectionary aisle of a supermarket:
• Try offsetting pastel hues with basic shades of camel or berry
• Wear a grey or black turtleneck layered under an oversized ballet pink coat
• Ditch scalloped edges seen in summer and opt for sculptural silhouettes and clean lines
• Oversized feathered shawls or faux fur coats should be worn over embellished dresses for a Great Gatsby inspired look
• Stay feminine by adding rose gold jewelry to complete the look
Here are a few of our favorite pastel picks to keep you ahead of the fashion pack during these winter months.