High street fashion superstore, Primark, has released its SS14 collection and what a dreamy collection it is too!
Not only is the budget retail giant the place to go for your fleecy onesies and cheap knickers, you can grab the very best runway trends before they’ve even hit Alexa’s back.
With a lightening speed turn-around on producing the very best, super-now clobber with a price-tag that can only leave the tiniest dint in any person’s student loan or payslip – Primark looks set to be this Summer’s place to shop.
Perusing the pics of all the delectable clothes, accessories and bags, I have managed to narrow my faves down, from all 104 pieces, to the following:
1) I love love love a print that’s louder than Awol Nation, so the tribal print cropped T with matching a-line skirt is going straight into my basket to start.
(Top & Skirt Both £8)
2) Although my style is pretty grungy, I still like to play girl. With their straight-out-of-little-house-on-the-prairie style midi tea dresses in sheer white cotton or with a pale blue stripe, I can hear my Converse and tan buckle-ups fighting over who gets to team up with them first.
(Both dresses £20)
And it’s not just the clothes that have left me a-drooling, but the accessories are just absolutely fabulous too.
3) My total must have bag for the warmer months is the neon orange Perspex box. It’s something that can house my phone, juicy tube and clean pair of knicks at a festival or worn to add a pop of colour to an otherwise uninteresting summer get-up. (£10)
4) I have stacks of statement necklaces and believe that you really cannot have enough. They take you from MacDonalds to Claridges with the snap of a clasp. Primark’s collection doesn’t disappoint; my favourite being this bronze, silver and black number.
The thing that Primark does so well is that it repeatedly ‘bucks the trend,’ something that other economy shops fail to do.
5) Everyone from Kimmy K to Eva Mendes is fawning over oversized midi jackets and Primark has produced a very Raf Simons-esque white one. With either a miniscule dress to protect from spring showers or ripped denims and stillettos – it’s a staple to last through the seasons:
Don’t get me wrong; I haven’t always been a ‘Primarni’ follower. When the first store hit Northumberland Street in Newcastle, a friend of mine had to drag me in!
Alas, out I came with around 27 brown paper bags. The Prada gloves I was carrying them with were worth around four times more than my low-priced loot.
But now I can say that I am a devotee. I still enjoy that little piece of luxury (three Mulberry bags!) but for everyday style, Primark has hit the spot.
View the entire collection here. You can also shop the collection in-store from next month. Primark has stores in Sunderland, Newcastle, Gateshead and Middlesbrough.