Mothers day is a day that’s filled with love, cake and lots of bubbly (hopefully)! If you’re struggling to deicide where to spend the day, Fashion North have created a list of the five top places that are bound to fill your mam with excitement and obviously gain you lots of brownie points!
1. The first place is Alnwick Castle, the place is steeped in history and first opened in 1096. The castle is in the peaceful county of Northumberland. Treat your mam to a impressive three course meal situated in The Sanctuary between 12-4pm. Three courses costing £24.50 per person, and then afterwards walk around the gorgeous gardens to take it all in. It’s an absolute treat for mams who are interested in rich British heritage and great food!
2. If a spa break is what the doctor ordered for your hard working mam, take her to Maften Hall. A 19th century mansion in Northumberland that is offering a relaxing mothers day treat, an “NEOM indulgence day” which the spa day includes an 30 minute NEOM back massage, NEOM travel size candle to bring the experience back home and the use of the Aqua Vitae spa facilities. A spa experience that lasts all day for the costly of £60, for an extra £20 you can upgrade your back massage for an full hour!
3. Thirdly, for a thrifters heaven take your mam to Tynemouth market, sundays are usually the best days to go and thankfully thats when mothers day lands on. The market includes stalls selling hand made jewellery to handmade prints of beautiful Newcastle to hang in your home. It has a stall for every interest; Tynemouth is also a beautiful place to take your mam for lunch with views of beach from Gilbraltar Rock and also do the best roast in Tynemouth; little bias but it is amazing, so go early to avoid not getting a table.
4. If your mam is a fan of the theatre, then go no further than Tyne Theatre which are showing “The Counterfeit Sixties” a show that encompasses everything from that period, from the clothes that were worn, to flashbacks from television history. The fantastic music of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Dave Clark Five, The Kinks and The Monkees to name a few will be recreated in this show. Prices start from £18.15. I would be quick with these as tickets are seeming popular!
5. If your mam is an art fanatic, take her to see the brilliant new exhibition being held at the Laing art gallery. For the first time, Newcastle is hosting 10 of the finest drawings by Leonardo Da Vinci form the royal collection from Windsor castle in London. Entry is £2.50, the Laing art gallery is in the situated in the heart of newcastle so you have plenty choice for lunch afterwards!
Mothers day should be a breeze now will plenty of choice of locations and prices to fit any budget. Cake and bubbly do not come in wrong if you’re spending the day in jarmies with your mam, just a thought.