World AIDS Day is a chance for everyone worldwide to join together to help prevent HIV and support those living with it. World AIDS Day was the first global health day, with the first one being held in 1988.
Around 100,000 are currently living with HIV in the UK and globally an estimated 34 million people have HIV. More than 39 million people have died from the virus, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.
So, here at Fashion North, to raise awareness of World AIDS Day (December 1), we challenge you to be brave, raise awareness and wear red to show your support.
- Bobby Brown: Red Lipstick – £19.
- Essie: Nail Polish in Long Stem Roses – £7.99.
- NARS: Blush in Exhibit A – £21.50.
- MUA: Lip Liner in Red Drama – £1.
- Barry M: Cor Balmy Tinted Lip Balm in Trouble and Strife – £3.49.
Why not get creative with the signature Red Ribbon logo:
Wear it on your nails:
- Apply white nail polish.
- Use a red nail art pen to draw on the ribbon with a simple flick.
Wear it in your hair:
- Tie a red ribbon around your ponytail.
- Secure it with bobby pins and hairspray so that it doesn’t slip.
Gok Wan says that “It doesn’t matter what you wear on World AIDS Day, as long as you’re wearing your ribbon”.
Tweet the pictures of you wearing a red ribbon with the hashtag: #PutARibbonOnIt