When choosing a Christmas gift for a beauty lover, it can sometimes be difficult to pick out something appropriate. The problem is, those who like their make-up, bath sets, skincare and so on can sometimes be very particular, and often will already have a huge collection of products. But don’t let this put you off, Boots always manage to release the best festive gift sets and better still, they’re on 3 for 2. Here are our top ten picks from their Christmas beauty range, why not treat yourself to a gift to yourself too?
1) Philosophy Hope Favourites Skincare Set, £30: If someone you love is into their skincare this set is brilliant value and, features the best of Philosophy’s range. The brand is quite prolific in the world of skincare and their Hope in a Jar moisturiser, included in mini form in this set, is a cult product among beauty bloggers. As well as the 15ml sample of Hope in a Jar, you receive a 15ml tub of Hope in a Jar Night Intense Retexturising Moisturiser, a 90ml pot of Purity one-step Facial Cleanser and 120ml of the Microdelivery Daily Exfoliating Wash. Overall, this is a great gift for someone who is new to the Philosophy brand and wants to try it out, or even a long-term fan who wants some cute mini products to stash away for a holiday or weekend break.
2) No. 7 Lip Treats Graces and Lip Crayon Set, £16: I, like many women, have a total obsession with lip products and would be very happy if someone left me this under the Christmas tree. In this kit, Boots’ own brand No. 7, you receive five mini lip products- a High Shine Crayon and four Lip Glaces. If you know someone who is a gloss fan, this would be a brilliant stocking filler for them as you get a nude, bright pink, red and muted pink gloss and a gorgeous everyday pink colour in the lip crayon. There is something to please everyone.
3) Yankee Candle 2 Small Jar Gift Set, £15.99: The Yankee Candle Votive set pictured above is no longer in stock, however, Boots offer a small range of Yankee Candles and have all the Christmas scents in stock. If you are going to give someone a present a little way before Christmas, this would be a great option because the two fragrances in this pack are exceptionally festive and will smell wonderful on Christmas Day. Red Apple Wreath has a very strong earthy, pine scent to it whereas Sugared Apple is super sweet and will make the whole house smell good enough to eat.
4) Clinique Whole Lotta Chubby Set, £20: Another one for the lipstick lovers, this set of four 1.2g Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balms and a useful cosmetics bag to hold your favourite beauty bits in. With a full size Chubby Stick costing £17, this kit of four sample-sized balms is great value for money and has a good selection of colours within it. The pencil format of these lip products make them very easy to apply, and the formula of the tinted balm is comfortable and easy to wear- no mirror required when applying these on the bus in the morning.
5) Sanctuary Spa Big Box of TLC, £25: What better gift to give someone at Christmas than a box of tender loving care? Sanctuary bath products are renowned for providing a spa-like experience at home and will definitely be a welcome gift for most people, who doesn’t love having a relaxing bath to wind down at the end of the day? The set includes Cleansing Burst Body Wash (250ml), Luxurious Body Butter (300ml), Foaming Creamy Bath Soak (250ml), Intensive Heel Balm (75ml) and Velvety Hand Cream (30ml). These large samples will last a while and are packaged in a gorgeous box that those who appreciate design will more than likely want to keep. This is a great gift for busy ladies who like to take some time out in the evenings to chill.
6) Essie Nail Varnish Tart Deco Duo, £12.99: For those amongst us who are sick of the cold winter weather, this neon nail duo by Essie will brighten your spirits. The hot pink and warm coral shades are shades that look great on anyone, and Essie’s formula is raved about in the beauty community. This set is small and compact which means it’s great stocking filler material and lets face it, a girl can never have too many nail varnishes.
7) Ciate Mini Mani Manor, £49: Now if you know someone who is a real nail varnish addict, this is probably the best present they could ever receive, however, is an Advent calendar so we suggest you either give them it as a late December 1 present, or stick to Christmas Day and make them open it all at once. The advent calendar has a mini nail polish by Ciate under every window. Essentially, this means you are buying 24 polishes but they are received one a day up until Christmas day, sweet idea right? This is a little expensive, but Ciate polishes are said to be of excellent quality, you get a range of brights, neutrals and glitter polishes and each full-size product is normally priced at around £6-8 each.
8) Soap and Glory SOAP FOR THE BEST Gift Set, £10: I think every beauty lover receives a Soap and Glory kit at Christmas, it is such an easy gift to give someone. With a combination of cute packaging, incredible sweet-scented products and good quality formulations, Soap and Glory are an absolute winner in the body care and cosmetic categories around this time of year. Again, this is a set full of minis but these come in handy when travelling around and they just look so darn cute. You receive 50mls of the Righteous Body Butter, 75mls of Clean On Me Shower Gel, 50mls of Hand Food the hand cream, 50mls of The Scrub Of Your Life and a pink body polisher. These products have the original, super sweet Soap and Glory scent to them and at only a tenner is a great stocking filler for body care fans.
9) Versace Womens Mini Gift Set (exclusive to Boots), £25: Versace scent lovers will love these adorable tiny bottles of perfume (only 5mls each) and this set was exclusive to the Boots website. However, this gift idea represents all mini perfume kits as there are lots about at this time of year. If you know someone who collects perfume, or someone like me who likes to try lots of different fragrances then this would be a great sampler for them and you know, mini bottles. Too cute.
10) Benefit Fun-Time Flirts Kit, £29.50: Finally, Benefit really are in their prime at Christmas time and their gifts always sell out quickly. If you can get your hands on this though, it would make an excellent present for a Benefit fan or even someone who has never tried anything from the brand previously. The kit highlights the brands beauty best-sellers and contains yet more mini products of some brilliant make-up products that everyone would want to try. Fun-time Flirts includes: the POREfessional mini primer 7.5ml, they’re real! mini mascara, BADgal lash mini mascara, Instant Comeback Facial Serum mini, That Gal brightening face primer, Dandelion mini blusher, Sun Beam mini highlighter | 2.5ml, Posietint mini lip and cheek tint | 2.5ml, ooh la lift mini instant under-eye brightening boost and stay don’t stray make-up and eyeshadow primer in light/medium.