The long awaited film has taken off, not only on our screens but also in the fashion world.
Rodarte designers, sisters Kate and Laura Mulleavy, also jumped onto the Star Wars theme back in 2013 when they showcased flowing silk maxi dresses with iconic characters on the front at New York Fashion Week. In London, Preen designers, Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi, included Darth Vader print over their entire fall 2014 show.
Bobby Abley, a London-based men’s wear designer, who had his first solo runway show in London this year, created a spring / summer 2016 collection which referenced characters from the “Star Wars” franchise. This was part of the Force 4 Fashion in association with the Force for Change charity, which rises money for a number of organisations with a particular emphasis on children’s healthcare and education.
Of course, the high street stores are all boasting the sagas famous faces, slogans, and designs; so we’ve picked out our favourites from the high street for you to wear int he lead up to the premiere.
1. Star Wars T-Shirt, New Look, £8.99
2. Star Wars Trooper Montage, Chunk Clothing, Blue Banana, £28
3. The Death Star, Irregular Choice, £275
4. Skywalker, Irregular Choice, £210
5. Darth Vader, Irregular Choice, £110
6. Grey Star Wars Jumper, Marks and Spenser, £30
7. Darth Vader T-Shirt, Chunk Clothing, Blue Banana, £28
Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens hit theatres on December 17th.