Feeling stressed? We’ve got your back, with seven easy stress relieving tips to help keep you stress free and feeling great.
1. Listen to music – Research shows that listening to music can lower blood pressure, heart rate and anxiety.
2. Exercise – Any form of exercise (including running, yoga, stretching or walking) can ease depression and anxiety.
3. Take a shower or bath – hot water has been known to relax muscles and relieve tension.
4. Scented candles – Candles are known to create a calming effect, while scented candles have aromatheraputic properties that reduce stress and anxiety.
5. Write it down – Keeping a journal is effective in relieving stress due to it’s meditative and reflective effects.
6. Have a cup of tea – drinking tea leads to lower post-stress cortisol levels and greater feelings of relaxation.
7. Spending time with family and friends – social support from friends and family can help you through stressful times. Studies have found that we benefit from friendship as they give us a sense of belonging and self-worth.