Nothing smells better than the smell of Christmas, from tangy pine to sweet warming tones of vanilla and even juicy orange mixed with festive cinnamon their all smells that have nothing to do with Christmas yet it’s those smells we crave most in December.
So, to please those nostrils of yours, we’ve put together an assortment of our top ten picks for the best Christmas spices ranging from body spray and perfume, to home scented candles and oils.
1) Frosted Cranberry Body & Room Spray – The Body Shop, £7, available in store & online. A quick spritz of this can create warmth of vibrant sweetness. This spray is great if you’re wanting to save money – you can use it on your body, clothes, rooms and linen.
2) Scents of Christmas Candle Collection 2014 – Neom, £49.95, available on neomorganics.com. The collection includes two festive candles: Christmas Wish and Perfect Peace. They bring together peace and calm, just like a freshly baked Christmas cake and warming spices.
3) The Library of Fragrance Christmas Bouquet – Boots, £15, available at Boots in store & online. This fragrance bottles a colourful swirl of festive flowers, winter berries and cinnamon bark. If this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea there’s other scents available: Christmas in New York, Gingerbread and Marshmallow.
4) Christmas Garland Medium Jar Candle – Yankee Candle, £22.99, available yankeecandle.co.uk. Winter comes to life in this aroma of fresh-cut pine boughs and zesty cranberries. The signature design is a glass jar, traditional and convenient. Other fragrances and sizes are available, some of our favourites are: Candy Cane Lane, Angel Wings and Icicles. If you don’t want to spend over £20 on a candle, check out the Hallmark store at Dalton Park – they have a range of offers on Yankee Candles.
5) Cinnamon Toast – Ashleigh & Burwood Fragrance Oil 12ml, £2.39, available at scentedcandleshop.com. This oil gives any room a warming and welcoming atmosphere, the oils are effective and very cheap – pehaps a good idea for a stocking filler? Other fragrances available are: White Christmas, Noel, Mulled Wine, Holly & Ivy and Christmas Spice.
6) Glazed Apple Eau De Toilette – The Body Shop, £8.50, available in The Body Shop & at thebodyshop.co.uk. This smells delicious, the sweet scent of glazed apple is festive but effective. You’ll be good enough to eat!
7) Frosted Cherry & Clove Scented Ornament – Jo Malone, £32, available at jomalone.co.uk. Something a little different to the rest, treat a loved one (or yourself) to this scent infused crimson bauble. The perfect gift, it’s sweet and juicy and cherry compliments the scent of clove. If this doesn’t tickle your pickle check out the Jo Malone candles – they may be expensive but they smell divine.
8) Cinnabar Eau De Parfum Spray – Estee Lauder, £45, available from esteelauder.co.uk, Debenhams & House of Fraser. Not made specifically for Christmas, this perfume combines spiced ancient scents with orange flower and clove, but Cinnabar is warm and could perhaps be your chosen Christmas scent.
9) True Grace Manor Christmas Room Spray – Selfridges, £20, available at Selfridges.com. Fill your bedroom with a spray of warming cinnamon and the zest of oranges. The True Grace traditional Christmas scent will make your chosen place wonderfully welcoming.
10) Noel Porcelain Diffuser – Crabtree & Evelyn, £30, available at crabtree-evelyn.co.uk. Crabtree & Evelyn bring us this elegantly designed porcelain bird shaped diffuser. Festively scented with blends of fresh balsams, persimmon and citrus fused with spicy star anise, clove and nutmeg.