It has recently been Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards 30th anniversary, but due to Covid-19, there was no red carpet like usual. Starting in the 1990’s, Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards have been highlighting and celebrating the achievements of women around the world, whilst also giving us some seriously amazing fashion moments. Here at Fashion North, we thought it would be a good idea to reminisce about our favourite Women of the Year looks over time.
- The 2002 host, Julie Chen, looked amazing as she stepped onto the red-carpet wearing a simple, yet sexy, black silk one-shoulder Gucci dress. The dress was paired with an olive green, thin organza scarf and some simple thin strappy heels.
- Venus Williams graced the red carpet in 2005 wearing a sleek muted green floor length dress that draped wonderfully down the back. The dress was paired with a green and silver necklace and some silver strappy shoes.
- Kelly Rowland, at the 2010 awards, opted for a LBD and it did not disappoint. You can never go wrong with a little black dress, and this Roberto Cavalli mini dress looked great with glitter sequins on the hem of the dress and at the neckline.
- In 2015, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley looked divine in a scarlet red satin floor length, backless gown with a single thigh-high slit down the side. This Cushnie et Ochs dress looked stunning.
- Another look from 2015 that we simply couldn’t ignore was this David Koma embellished black two-piece, worn by Scandal actress Kerry Washington. The bejewelled skirt was centre-parted, adding that little extra to the outfit.
- Zendaya at the 2016 Glamour Women of the Year Awards, wearing a bright candy pink Viktor & Rolf jumpsuit with a bow at the waist.
- Bella Hadid wearing a stunning white and silver Cristina Ottaviano trouser suit at the 2017 Glamour Women of the Year red carpet.
- Attending with her sister, Gigi Hadid looked goddess-like in a fully embellished golden Zuhair Murad gown with extremely long sleeves.
- In 2018, Lili Reinhart looked stunningly chic in a black silk floor-length slip dress by Markarian. The cowl-neck dress was held up by thin straps embellished with pearls.
- Last year, 2019, Stassi Schroeder wore a black deep plunging neckline dress by Gucci. The dress had silver embellishments around the neckline, down the front of the dress and around the cuffs of the puff sleeves- not to mention around the waist like a belt.
Tweet us some of your favourite looks from previous Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards @Fashion_North!